There are plenty of reasons that keep postcard exist until now. Some of them are because postcards are versatile, affordable, and easy to create. That is why postcards are not only used by individuals, because companies are applied them too, especially for marketing purposes.
If you have an interest in making postcards either for business purposes or individual use, you may want to read some important things regarding making postcards by yourself. If you want to, then here are the following things you need to know about that!
1. Application or Platform
Have you decided which app or platform you will use to create your postcards? If you have not decided yet or are still looking for that, we have some popular recommendations for you. So, let’s have a look!
- Microsoft Word is one of the most familiar word processors installed on almost every personal computer. If you are looking for a familiar option, then you can create your postcard here. Moreover, Microsoft word also provides a lot of templates, including postcards template that can be used. However, if you want to create some elaborate designs for your postcards, this app might not be the best choice for you.
- Canva is one of the most popular online graphic design platforms that you should consider when you want to make a postcard. Canva has tons of free templates and easy to use features that make this app perfect for those looking for a simple platform to make their own postcards. But if you want to create all elements of your design by yourself, you may need to look for another design app or platform.
- Adobe and Corel are two well-known design applications that are commonly used by professionals. You can even create complex designs for your postcards here. But since these apps have more features, menus, and options, they can be quite confusing for beginners.
2. Some Tips About Design
Well, if you’ve decided to dive into the postcard making process, there are a few tips that will be useful for you. Here are some of them!
- Whether for business or non-business purposes, please ensure that you include only relevant photographs or pictures on the card to make your postcard more effective.
- Want to add some text to your design? Set them to the right font size, type, and colour. They determine whether the text will be easy for everyone to read or vice versa.
- For business, don’t forget to add your brand logo.
- Proofread any text or information on your postcards design.
So, the last one is about printing. But what do we need to know about that? You can read some of the following points below!
- This is one of the most crucial parts of making a postcard as it determines the result of your postcard, especially the look. So, you better go to a printing service, such as Singapore post card printing to get the best look of your postcard.
- There are various card stocks, and each of them has different characters. So, find out about that to decide the best material for your postcard based on your needs and budget!